BizStore » Books » Making Content Comprehensible for English Learners: The SIOP Model (4th Edition)
Feature: lightly used, in very good condition. little writing and unused code.
Item Dimensions: Array
Number Of Items: 1
Number Of Pages: 360
Publication Date: 2012-06-02
• lightly used, in very good condition. little writing and unused code.
Educators have come to rely on Making Content Comprehensible for English Learners: The SIOP® Model as one of the most influential books in the field. In this new fourth edition the authors present the most comprehensive, coherent model of sheltered instruction yet by fully explaining the widely popular SIOP®(Sheltered Instruction Observation Protocol) Model and providing lesson plans and instructional activities to help teachers implement it effectively in K–12 classrooms. From its opening overview of the issues related to educating English learners to its new Chapter 12 that presents frequently asked questions with answers from the authors to help teachers get started implementing SIOP®, the book provides school administrators, teachers, coaches, teacher candidates, university faculty, and field experience supervisors with a superior tool for improving the education of English learners and promoting their academic gains.
New with the fourth edition is an accompanying online resource site, PDToolkit for SIOP®.
The new website includes:
To learn more, please visit: http://pdtoolkit.pearson.com.
• 99 Ideas and Activities for Teaching English Learners with the SIOP Model
• Negotiating Identities: Education for Empowerment in a Diverse Society
• Assessing English Language Learners: Bridges From Language Proficiency to Academic Achievement
• Fifty Strategies for Teaching English Language Learners (4th Edition) (Teaching Strategies Series)
• Understanding English Language Variation in U.S. Schools (Multicultural Education Series)
• Race, Empire, and English Language Teaching: Creating Responsible and Ethical Anti-Racist Practice (Multicultural Education)
• Common Core for the Not-So-Common Learner, Grades 6-12: English Language Arts Strategies
• Assessing English Language Learners: Bridges to Educational Equity: Connecting Academic Language Proficiency to Student Achievement
• 50 Strategies for Teaching English Language Learners (5th Edition)
• Foundations for Teaching English Language Learners: Research, Theory, Policy, and Practice