BizStore » Books » Learning Processing: A Beginner's Guide to Programming Images, Animation, and Interaction (Morgan Kaufmann Series in Computer Graphics)
BizStore » Book
Learning Processing: A Beginner's Guide to Programming Images, Animation, and Interaction (Morgan Kaufmann Series in Computer Graphics)
Item Dimensions: Array
Label: Morgan Kaufmann
Manufacturer: Morgan Kaufmann
Number Of Items: 1
Number Of Pages: 450
Publication Date: 2008-09-02
Publisher: Morgan Kaufmann
Release Date: 2008-09-02
Studio: Morgan Kaufmann
The free, open-source Processing programming language environment was created at MIT for people who want to develop images, animation, and sound. Based on the ubiquitous Java, it provides an alternative to daunting languages and expensive proprietary software.
This book gives graphic designers, artists and illustrators of all stripes a jump start to working with processing by providing detailed information on the basic principles of programming with the language, followed by careful, step-by-step explanations of select advanced techniques.
The author teaches computer graphics at NYU's Tisch School of the Arts, and his book has been developed with a supportive learning experience at its core. From algorithms and data mining to rendering and debugging, it teaches object-oriented programming from the ground up within the fascinating context of interactive visual media.
Previously announced as "Pixels, Patterns, and Processing"
*A guided journey from the very basics of computer programming through to creating custom interactive 3D graphics
*Step-by-step examples, approachable language, exercises, and LOTS of sample code support the reader's learning curve
*Includes lessons on how to program live video, animated images and interactive sound
• Form+Code in Design, Art, and Architecture (Design Briefs)
• The Nature of Code: Simulating Natural Systems with Processing
• Getting Started with Processing: A Hands-On Introduction to Making Interactive Graphics
• The Steal Like an Artist Journal: A Notebook for Creative Kleptomaniacs
• Processing: A Programming Handbook for Visual Designers and Artists
• Thinking with Type, 2nd revised and expanded edition: A Critical Guide for Designers, Writers, Editors, & Students
• Steal Like an Artist: 10 Things Nobody Told You About Being Creative
• Make: Getting Started with Processing
• Arduino Starter Kit - English Official Kit With 170 Page Book - K000007