BizStore » Books » Materials: engineering, science, processing and design; North American Edition
Item Dimensions: Array
Number Of Items: 1
Number Of Pages: 784
Publication Date: 2013-10-02
Materials, Third Edition, is the essential materials engineering text and resource for students developing skills and understanding of materials properties and selection for engineering applications. This new edition retains its design-led focus and strong emphasis on visual communication while expanding its inclusion of the underlying science of materials to fully meet the needs of instructors teaching an introductory course in materials.
A design-led approach motivates and engages students in the study of materials science and engineering through real-life case studies and illustrative applications. Highly visual full color graphics facilitate understanding of materials concepts and properties. For instructors, a solutions manual, lecture slides, online image bank, and materials selection charts for use in class handouts or lecture presentations are available at http://textbooks.elsevier.com. The number of worked examples has been increased by 50% while the number of standard end-of-chapter exercises in the text has been doubled. Coverage of materials and the environment has been updated with a new section on Sustainability and Sustainable Technology.
The text meets the curriculum needs of a wide variety of courses in the materials and design field, including introduction to materials science and engineering, engineering materials, materials selection and processing, and materials in design.
NEW TO THIS EDITION:
• Linear Algebra: A Modern Introduction
• Engineering Economic Analysis
• Design of Machinery with Student Resource DVD (McGraw-Hill Series in Mechanical Engineering)
• Probability & Statistics for Engineers & Scientists, MyLab Statistics Update (9th Edition)
• Work Systems: The Methods, Measurement & Management of Work
• Statics and Mechanics of Materials: An Integrated Approach
• Differential Equations with Boundary Value Problems (2nd Edition)
• Fluid Mechanics
• Advanced Mechanics of Materials and Applied Elasticity (5th Edition) (Prentice Hall International Series in the Physical and Chemical Engineering Sciences)
• Fundamentals of Engineering Thermodynamics