BizStore » Books » Loosening the Grip: A Handbook of Alcohol Information
Item Dimensions: Array
Label: McGraw-Hill Education
Manufacturer: McGraw-Hill Education
Number Of Items: 1
Number Of Pages: 704
Publication Date: 2014-05-08
Publisher: McGraw-Hill Education
Studio: McGraw-Hill Education
Accessible and comprehensive, Loosening the Grip remains an authoritative source for information about alcohol use and the problems associated with it, while also addressing the relationship between alcohol use and other drug use. This text presents the physical and psychological effects of alcohol alongside the impact of alcohol use on family and society. Special attention is given to addressing the range of responses to alcohol problems, prevention, harm reduction, brief treatment, engagement in treatment and aftercare, and addressing high risk drinking. Along with providing a historical foundation for the discussion of substance use, the book explains the facts about this complex issue in clear, engaging language. Loosening the Grip is widely recognized as a useful resource for future and current health care workers―substance abuse clinicians, school counselors, mental health workers, community nurses, and others.
Instructors and students can now access their course content through the Connect digital learning platform by purchasing either standalone Connect access or a bundle of print and Connect access. McGraw-Hill Connect® is a subscription-based learning service accessible online through your personal computer or tablet. Choose this option if your instructor will require Connect to be used in the course. Your subscription to Connect includes the following:
• SmartBook® - an adaptive digital version of the course textbook that personalizes your reading experience based on how well you are learning the content.
• Access to your instructor’s homework assignments, quizzes, syllabus, notes, reminders, and other important files for the course.
• Progress dashboards that quickly show how you are performing on your assignments and tips for improvement.
• The option to purchase (for a small fee) a print version of the book. This binder-ready, loose-leaf version includes free shipping.
Complete system requirements to use Connect can be found here: http://www.mheducation.com/highered/platforms/connect/training-support-students.html
• Uppers, Downers, and All Arounders 8thEd
• I'll Quit Tomorrow: A Practical Guide to Alcoholism Treatment
• Drugs and Society
• Concepts of Chemical Dependency (Book Only)
• Uppers, Downers, All Arounders: Physical and Mental Effects of Psychoactive Drugs, 7th Edition
• Drugs, Society, and Human Behavior
• Dimensions of Human Behavior: The Changing Life Course
• Substance Abuse and Addiction Treatment: Practical Application of Counseling Theory
• An Introduction to Group Work Practice (8th Edition) (Connecting Core Competencies)
• Beyond the Influence: Understanding and Defeating Alcoholism