BizStore » Books » Adventures in Slow Cooking: 120 Slow-Cooker Recipes for People Who Love Food
Item Dimensions: Array
Label: William Morrow Cookbooks
Manufacturer: William Morrow Cookbooks
Number Of Items: 1
Number Of Pages: 256
Publication Date: 2017-10-10
Publisher: William Morrow Cookbooks
Release Date: 2017-10-10
Studio: William Morrow Cookbooks
The James Beard-nominated food writer revamps the slow cooker for the modern home cook, providing ingenious ideas and more than 100 delicious recipes for maximizing this favorite time-saving kitchen appliance and making it easier than ever to use.
Sarah DiGregorio shares the nostalgia most of us feel when it comes to slow cookers. Her first memory of slow-cooker cooking is her grandmother’s pot roast. While these handy devices have been time savers for incredibly busy lives, traditional slow cooker food is sometimes underwhelming. Now, Sarah, an experienced food professional, has reinvented slow cooking for a generation that cooks for fun and flavor, taking a fresh approach to reclaim this versatile tool without sacrificing quality or taste.
For Sarah, it’s not just about getting dinner on the table—it’s about using a slow cooker to make fabulous dinners like herb oil poached shrimp or the most perfect sticky toffee pudding for dessert. It’s about rethinking how to use this magic appliance—such as throwing a biryani dinner party with the slow cooker at the center of the table.
Showcasing a beautiful, engaging design, inviting color photographs, and 105 original, innovative recipes thoroughly tested in a variety of brands of slow cookers, Adventures in Slow Cooking provides a repertoire of delicious food for any time of day. Inside you’ll find ideas for flavorful sweet and savory slow cooker dishes, including:
Sarah also provides ingenious tips and tricks that will help cooks get the most out of today’s slow cookers, and have them saying, "I never knew my slow cooker could do that!" With a foreword by Grant Achatz, a modernist chef and huge advocate of the slow cooker, Adventures in Slow Cooking makes this convenient appliance an indispensable tool for the modern kitchen.
• Slow Cook Modern: 200 Recipes for the Way We Eat Today
• The Chef and the Slow Cooker
• Martha Stewart's Slow Cooker: 110 Recipes for Flavorful, Foolproof Dishes (Including Desserts!), Plus Test- Kitchen Tips and Strategies
• Texas Slow Cooker: 125 Recipes for the Lone Star State's Very Best Dishes, All Slow-Cooked to Perfection
• The Easy Asian Cookbook for Slow Cookers: Family-Style Favorites from East, Southeast, and South Asia
• Dinner in an Instant: 75 Modern Recipes for Your Pressure Cooker, Multicooker, and Instant Pot®
• The Complete Slow Cooker: From Appetizers to Desserts - 400 Must-Have Recipes That Cook While You Play (or Work)
• Ottolenghi Simple: A Cookbook
• Smitten Kitchen Every Day: Triumphant and Unfussy New Favorites
• The Italian Slow Cooker