BizStore » Books » The Little Book of Hygge: Danish Secrets to Happy Living
Brand: William Morrow
Feature: William Morrow
Item Dimensions: Array
Label: William Morrow
Manufacturer: William Morrow
Number Of Items: 1
Number Of Pages: 240
Publication Date: 2017-01-17
Publisher: William Morrow
Release Date: 2017-01-17
Studio: William Morrow
• William Morrow
New York Times Bestseller
Embrace Hygge (pronounced hoo-ga) and become happier with this definitive guide to the Danish philosophy of comfort, togetherness, and well-being.
Why are Danes the happiest people in the world? The answer, says Meik Wiking, CEO of the Happiness Research Institute in Copenhagen, is Hygge. Loosely translated, Hygge—pronounced Hoo-ga—is a sense of comfort, togetherness, and well-being. "Hygge is about an atmosphere and an experience," Wiking explains. "It is about being with the people we love. A feeling of home. A feeling that we are safe."
Hygge is the sensation you get when you’re cuddled up on a sofa, in cozy socks under a soft throw, during a storm. It’s that feeling when you’re sharing comfort food and easy conversation with loved ones at a candlelit table. It is the warmth of morning light shining just right on a crisp blue-sky day.
The Little Book of Hygge introduces you to this cornerstone of Danish life, and offers advice and ideas on incorporating it into your own life, such as:
From picking the right lighting to organizing a Hygge get-together to dressing hygge, Wiking shows you how to experience more joy and contentment the Danish way.
• The Little Book of Lykke: Secrets of the World’s Happiest People
• Lagom: Not Too Little, Not Too Much: The Swedish Art of Living a Balanced, Happy Life
• How to Hygge: The Nordic Secrets to a Happy Life
• American Cozy: Hygge-Inspired Ways to Create Comfort & Happiness
• The Year of Living Danishly: Uncovering the Secrets of the World's Happiest Country
• American Hygge: How You Can Incorporate Coziness Into Your Living Space and Bring Warmth to Your Relationships Without Moving to Denmark
• The Danish Way of Parenting: What the Happiest People in the World Know About Raising Confident, Capable Kids
• The Hygge Game - Cozy Conversation In Pleasant Company
• Making Winter: A Hygge-Inspired Guide to Surviving the Winter Months
• Hygge: The Danish Art of Happiness