BizStore » Books » Digital Gold: Bitcoin and the Inside Story of the Misfits and Millionaires Trying to Reinvent Money
BizStore » Book
Digital Gold: Bitcoin and the Inside Story of the Misfits and Millionaires Trying to Reinvent Money
Item Dimensions: Array
Label: Harper Paperbacks
Manufacturer: Harper Paperbacks
Number Of Items: 1
Number Of Pages: 432
Publication Date: 2016-05-24
Publisher: Harper Paperbacks
Release Date: 2016-05-24
Studio: Harper Paperbacks
New York Times Book Review Editor’s Choice
SHORTLISTED FOR THE 2015 FINANCIAL TIMES AND MCKINSEY BUSINESS BOOK OF THE YEAR
A New York Times technology and business reporter charts the dramatic rise of Bitcoin and the fascinating personalities who are striving to create a new global money for the Internet age.
Digital Gold is New York Times reporter Nathaniel Popper’s brilliant and engrossing history of Bitcoin, the landmark digital money and financial technology that has spawned a global social movement.
The notion of a new currency, maintained by the computers of users around the world, has been the butt of many jokes, but that has not stopped it from growing into a technology worth billions of dollars, supported by the hordes of followers who have come to view it as the most important new idea since the creation of the Internet. Believers from Beijing to Buenos Aires see the potential for a financial system free from banks and governments. More than just a tech industry fad, Bitcoin has threatened to decentralize some of society’s most basic institutions.
An unusual tale of group invention, Digital Gold charts the rise of the Bitcoin technology through the eyes of the movement’s colorful central characters, including an Argentinian millionaire, a Chinese entrepreneur, Tyler and Cameron Winklevoss, and Bitcoin’s elusive creator, Satoshi Nakamoto. Already, Bitcoin has led to untold riches for some, and prison terms for others.
• The Age of Cryptocurrency: How Bitcoin and the Blockchain Are Challenging the Global Economic Order
• Cryptoassets: The Innovative Investor's Guide to Bitcoin and Beyond
• The Internet of Money
• The Internet of Money
• Blockchain Revolution: How the Technology Behind Bitcoin Is Changing Money, Business, and the World
• Mastering Bitcoin: Programming the Open Blockchain
• The Bitcoin Standard: The Decentralized Alternative to Central Banking
• The Book Of Satoshi: The Collected Writings of Bitcoin Creator Satoshi Nakamoto
• The Truth Machine: The Blockchain and the Future of Everything
• Blockchain Technology Explained: The Ultimate Beginner’s Guide About Blockchain Wallet, Mining, Bitcoin, Ethereum, Litecoin, Zcash, Monero, Ripple, Dash, IOTA And Smart Contracts