BizStore » Books » And You Know You Should Be Glad: A True Story of Lifelong Friendship
Item Dimensions: Array
Label: William Morrow Paperbacks
Manufacturer: William Morrow Paperbacks
MPN: black & white illustrations
Number Of Items: 1
Number Of Pages: 336
Publication Date: 2007-05-01
Publisher: William Morrow Paperbacks
Release Date: 2007-05-01
Studio: William Morrow Paperbacks
Growing up in Bexley, Ohio, population 13,000, Bob Greene and his four best friends -- Allen, Chuck, Dan, and Jack -- were inseparable. Of the four, Jack was Bob's very best friend, a bond forged from the moment they met on the first day of kindergarten. They grew up together, got into trouble together, learned about life together -- and were ultimately separated by time and distance, as all adults are. But through the years Bob and Jack stayed close, holding on to the friendship that had formed years before.
Then the fateful call came: Jack was dying. And in this hour of need, as the closest of friends will do, Bob, Allen, Chuck, and Dan put aside the demands of their own lives, came together, and saw Jack through to the end of his journey.
Tremendously moving, funny, heart-stirring, and honest, And You Know You Should Be Glad is an uplifting exploration of the power of friendship to uphold us, sustain us, and ultimately set us free.
• Once Upon a Town: The Miracle of the North Platte Canteen
• Chevrolet Summers, Dairy Queen Nights
• When We Get to Surf City: A Journey Through America in Pursuit of Rock and Roll, Friendship, and Dreams
• Be True to Your School: A Diary of 1964
• Duty: A Father, His Son, and the Man Who Won the War
• The Ideal of Culture: Essays
• Cheeseburgers: The Best of Bob Greene
• Be True to Your School
• Late Edition: A Love Story