BizStore » Books » My Parents Think I'm Sleeping (I Can Read Level 3)
Brand: Harper Collins
Item Dimensions: Array
Number Of Items: 1
Number Of Pages: 48
Publication Date: 2008-01-08
Release Date: 2008-01-08
From acclaimed poet Jack Prelutsky and illustrator Yossi Abolafia, My Parents Think I'm Sleeping is the perfect book to get young readers excited about bedtime.
This Level 3 I Can Read book is a funny collection of poems about a boy who should be sleeping, but manages to find more than just storybooks and his model rocket kit to keep him awake.
From reading under the covers to watching shadows dance on the wall, these fourteen charming verses show that a child's life begins at bedtime!
The childhood ritual of being put to bed has been a source of inspiration for children (and frustration for grownups) throughout the ages. Prolific children's poet Jack Prelutsky has taken this undeniable truism and run with it in My Parents Think I'm Sleeping, an eye-opening, poetic romp through the multitude of adventures that can take place after the lights have been turned out. From pleasant nighttime thoughts ("I have been in bed for hours, / but I'm sure I'm wide-awake, / for my head is filled with visions / of a forest by a lake.") to philosophical ponderings ("What happens to the colors / when night replaces day? / What turns the wrens to ravens, / the trees to shades of gray?"), children everywhere will relate to these soothing, sleepy poems. Illustrated by Yossi Abolafia with the foggy blues and grays of the gloaming, kids will love snuggling up with this book--in fact, it just might make tuck-in time a dream! (Ages 4 to 8)
• The Stinky Giant (Step into Reading)
• The Best Seat in Second Grade (I Can Read Level 2)
• How Not to Babysit Your Brother (Step into Reading)
• It's Christmas! (I Can Read Level 3)
• Magic Secrets (I Can Read Level 3)
• The Best Chef in Second Grade (I Can Read Level 2)
• Pirate Mom (Step into Reading)
• How Not to Start Third Grade (Step into Reading 4)
• It's Thanksgiving! (I Can Read Level 3)
• The Bravest Dog Ever: The True Story of Balto (Step-Into-Reading)